December 18, 2023 – Microsoft is enhancing the video summarization capabilities of its Android version of the Edge browser. In the Canary version of Edge, the company has introduced a new feature called “Video Summarization Quick Mode” that allows users to quickly create detailed video summaries. This feature enables users to gain insights into the essential parts of videos on platforms like YouTube and other supported video platforms.
Recently, the Canary version of the Android Edge browser also incorporated video summarization capabilities, allowing users to swiftly access video information through Copilot. However, users have reported that the summaries generated by Edge were often too blurry and provided little valuable information about the videos. Microsoft is now addressing this issue and improving the video summarization responsiveness of the Android version of the Edge browser with the “Video Summarization Quick Mode.”
As the name suggests, this feature provides faster responses and, as observed by tech publications, offers more extended video summaries.
Here’s how to enable and use the Video Summarization Quick Mode in the Android version of the Edge browser:
1. Update the Canary version of the Android Edge browser from the Play Store to the latest version.
2. Visit the edge://flags page.
3. Find and enable the “Video Summarization Quick Mode” flag.
4. Restart the Edge browser.
5. Visit a supported video website, such as YouTube, play a video, and click on the Copilot icon at the bottom.
6. Click “Generate Video Summary,” and Edge will take care of the rest.