August 11, 2023 – In a surprising announcement made today at QuakeCon 2023 in New York, AMD has unveiled an unexpected collaboration with Bethesda Game Studios. The partnership aims to introduce a limited-edition line of GPUs and CPUs themed around the highly anticipated game “Stellar Odyssey.”
With an aura of exclusivity, AMD revealed that only 500 units of the “Stellar Odyssey” Radeon RX 7900 XTX GPUs and Ryzen 7 7800 X3D CPUs with unique “Stellar Odyssey” packaging have been crafted. These collector’s items are anticipated to become the crown jewels of tech enthusiasts’ collections.
Curiously, AMD has opted for an unconventional distribution strategy for these limited-edition products. Rather than conventional retail channels, AMD enthusiasts have been presented with three avenues to secure these prized components: attending QuakeCon 2023, following Bethesda’s Twitch channel, and engaging with AMD and Bethesda’s social media platforms.
The surprises continue with AMD’s announcement of a game tie-in for its loyal consumers. Users who purchase specific models of AMD processors or GPUs will be rewarded with either the standard or deluxe edition of “Stellar Odyssey.”
For the standard edition of the game, purchasers can look forward to acquiring it for free if they own:
– Qualifying AMD Ryzen processors such as the Ryzen 7 7800X3D and Ryzen 7 7700X.
– Qualifying AMD Radeon GPUs including the RX 7600, RX 6650 XT, and more.
Meanwhile, those who are aiming for the deluxe edition can rejoice as they are eligible if they possess:
– Qualifying AMD Ryzen processors like the Ryzen 9 7950X3D and Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
– Qualifying AMD Radeon GPUs, which cover a wide range from the RX 7900 XTX to the RX 6900 XT.
Additionally, for users who take the plunge and purchase both an AMD processor and GPU, an even more rewarding prize awaits: the “Stellar Odyssey” deluxe edition. This impressive bundle is attainable if you own:
– A variety of qualifying AMD Ryzen processors, including models like the Ryzen 7 7700X and Ryzen 5 7600X.
– A diverse selection of qualifying AMD Radeon GPUs, spanning from the RX 7900 XTX to the RX 6700.